Support Our Work and Your Community by Becoming a CCB Member.
We are an independent charity with over 45 years’ experience in community development work. We help people who live and work in Berkshire to make things better for themselves and for their community. We work with communities to develop, deliver and support projects and services which help people overcome challenges, improve their quality of life and strengthen communities in the county.
Our projects continue to have a positive and long lasting effect on communities in Berkshire. Our achievements during 2017-2018 year were:
- Supported 469 families with advice and guidance in avoiding fuel poverty and trained 55 front-line workers on how to support their clients with this.
- Delivered 11 training events allowing 195 people to develop their skills to better support their communities.
- Responded to 101 enquiries from members of the Community Buildings Advice Service
- Saved people over £10,500 by bulk-buying fuel oil through the CCB Oil Club
- Circulated our monthly e-bulletin called ‘Action for All’ – full of funding information, local news and events to over 1600 people.
The support of our members is vital to the success of a charity like ours. Membership is open to anyone who shares our aims and would like to further the work of our. Individuals can become a member and support our work for £15 a year whilst for organisations it is £30 a year.
Every member can access the following benefits:
• Invitation and Vote at our Annual General Meeting (1 vote per membership)
• Discounts and priority booking on our training courses and events
• An opportunity to become a Trustee on our Board
• Enables us to continue our core work to help communities identify, raise awareness of and help tackle local issues and priorities.
• Receive a monthly copy of our Action for All e-bulletin and the opportunity to promote your community news or events in it.
• And, of course, prompt access to the CCB team who will be available to discuss any issues affecting your community.
Donations: Should you wish to donate to support the continuation of our work please visit our Just Giving page by clicking here: https://givi.ng/1056367