Support Our Work and Your Community by Becoming a CCB Member.
WE are an independent charity with over 43 years’ experience in community development work. We help people who live and work in Berkshire to make things better for themselves and for their community. We work with communities to develop, deliver and support projects and services which help people overcome challenges, improve their quality of life and strengthen communities in the county.
Our projects continue to have a positive and long lasting effect on communities in Berkshire. In 2016-17 we were able to deliver the following outcomes:
• We delivered a range of community focused training courses in rural areas that helped attendees with funding advice, how to obtain and use a defibrillator in your village, understanding the need for rural affordable housing in 2017, how to be a better trustee and much more.
•We provided a dedicated and specialist service to volunteers that run community buildings, ensuring that they are safe venues that comply with complex legislation – the Community Buildings Advice Service
• We have continued to evidence the need for rural affordable housing for people with a local connection in their parishes by producing housing need surveys.
• The CCB Oil Club, a bulk-buying service, continued to save our members money on the cost of heating their homes with oil. We also ran a project in partnership with Smart Energy GB promoting smart meters to homes off gas
• Provided drop-in sessions and delivered one-to-one advice on how people can reduce their energy bills across Berkshire, focusing particularly on those at risk of fuel poverty.
•In 2016-17 we managed the Berkshire Association of Local Councils (BALC) advice service, providing specialist advice, training and news to Clerks and Councillors of Parish and Town Councils.
•Trained and supported communities in Berkshire to create an emergency response flooding plan.
•Produced a monthly e-bulletin called ‘Action for All’ – full of funding information, local news and events.
The support of our members is vital to the success of a charity like ours. Membership is open to anyone who shares our aims and would like to further the work of our. Individuals can become a member and support our work for £15 a year whilst for organisations it is £30 a year.
Every member can access the following benefits:
• Invitation and vote at our Annual General Meeting (1 vote per membership)
• Discounts and priority booking on our training courses and events
• An opportunity to become a Trustee on our Board
• Enables us to continue our core work to help communities identify, raise awareness of and help tackle local issues and priorities.
• Receive a monthly copy of our Action for All e-bulletin and the opportunity to promote your community news or events in it.
• And, of course, prompt access to the CCB team who will be available to discuss any issues affecting your community.
Donations: Should you wish to donate to support the continuation of our work please visit our Just Giving page by clicking here: http://www.totalgiving.co.uk/charity/community-council-for-berkshire